The Natural Path Health Center and Optimal Body Balance would like to invite you to their monthly potluck this September! Many of you have been clamoring for information and resources about cooking and nutrition – especially in the area of food sensitivities. And we also know that some of you are dying to share your recipes and tricks. We would like to create and allergen-free evening where we can come together, share our recipes and learn from each other. We invite you to the center on the evening of Wednesday, September 5th at 6 pm.
Each potluck we try to have a different theme to help inspire people. This month the theme is vegan dishes. That mean no meat or animal products in any of the food you bring. This can be challenging, so if you are not used to cooking or eating vegan, keep your dishes simple!
We really hope you will come bearing food, but if you don’t have time to make something to share or if you’re completely stumped on what to make, you can still come; we just ask that you make a $5 donation to enjoy all the delicious food. All of the donations received will be given to St. Vincent De Paul or the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Here are the rules we do have:
- Please try to make your dish as allergen-free as possible. Ideally we would like everyone to be able to try every dish. We ask that you try to eliminate these seven foods from your dishes: dairy, wheat, soy, corn, eggs, peanuts and sugar. In place of sugar, try substituting alternative sweeteners, such as agave nectar, stevia, honey or maple syrup. No artificial sweeteners, please!
- You must sign up by email with your recipe and how many people are attending; is it just you or if you are bringing your family? We would like the sign-ups submitted by the Friday before the potluck. In this case, that would be Friday, August 31st.
- Please bring serving utensils! We will supply silverware and dishes.
- If your dish does contain an allergen, make sure everyone at the potluck knows it! Label your dish with the allergen it contains.
- We will compile all of the recipes and email them out to everyone who attends. We are very excited to see all of you and eat some great food! We hope you will join us!
- Wednesday, September 5th at 6 PM
- RSVP to email@example.com with recipe and number of people attending by Friday, August 31st