I hope you are all staying well hydrated and cool on this insane streak of triple digit temperature days. We are hoping it will be much cooler for the August concert on the square because we are planning on holding our monthly potluck there!
The theme for this potluck will be no-cook meals or drinks. So just in case it is hot again, you won’t have to get all hot standing over the stove, oven or grill. No-cook meals also make great dishes to pass because you don’t have to worry about keeping them warm and you should be able to throw them together in a flash. So, make whatever kind of dish or drink you’d like — appetizer, entree, dessert etc — anything goes, you just can’t cook it.
We look forward to seeing you and your coolers on Wednesday, August 1st at Concert on the Square! The concert starts at 7pm, we will be there by 6:30. We will be sending out details of how to find our group once the date gets closer.
We really hope you will come bearing food, but if you don’t have time to make something to share or if you’re completely stumped on what to make, you can still come; we just ask that you make a $5 donation to enjoy all the delicious food. All of the donations received will be given to St. Vincent De Paul or the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Here are the rules we do have:
- Please try to make your dish as allergen-free as possible. Ideally we would like everyone to be able to try every dish. We ask that you try to eliminate these seven foods from your dishes: dairy, wheat, soy, corn, eggs, peanuts and sugar. In place of sugar, try substituting alternative sweeteners, such as agave nectar, stevia, honey or maple syrup. No artificial sweeteners, please!
- You must sign up by email with your recipe and how many people are attending; is it just you or if you are bringing your family? We would like the sign-ups submitted by the Friday before the potluck. In this case, that would be Friday, July 27th.
- Please bring serving utensils! We will supply silverware and dishes.
- If your dish does contain an allergen, make sure everyone at the potluck knows it! Label your dish with the allergen it contains.
We will compile all of the recipes and email them out to everyone who attends. We are very excited to see all of you and eat some great food! We hope you will join us!
- Wednesday, August 1st at 6:30 PM (concert starts at 7)
- RSVP to email@example.com with recipe and number of people attending by Friday, June 1st